To introduce the concepts of e-Maritime and e-Freight to professionals and students of logistics, transport and international commerce.
The course offers global knowledge on traceability operations and information exchange in multimodal transport of goods. The course combines theoretical lectures, e-Freight workshops (booking and the Bill of Lading [BL]) and a case study. The classes are interactive and the students are encouraged to participate actively. The documentation will be handed out both in hard and electronic copy. At the end of the course, successful participants will receive a diploma.
- Introduction to e-Freight: European Transport Policy – White Paper
- Port Community Systems
- Single Window
- Introduction to Safe Sea Net and Blue Belt projects
- Documentation and information related to intermodal transport in ports
- Documentation and information related to shipping companies
- Costs of implementation of e-Freight solutions
- e-Freight: booking and BL
- Participants work in teams in freight information ex-change operations.