- To show port operations and the vessel’s facilities in detail and from a practical perspective.
- To offer an introduction to the motorways of the sea and intermodality using a theoretical and practical approach.
The course gives priority to practical training and is based on experiential learning. Terrestrial visits to specific parts of the port and on-board visits to a vessel are carried out, during which its main actors explain the operations in detail. The training is completed by lectures in a classroom environment, during which the students are encourate to participate actively.
- Introduction to Intermodal Logistics
- Logistics and Environment: Energy Efficiency
- Integration of the Motorways of the Sea in Intermodal Logistics Chains
- Analysis of a Case Study
- Maritime visit to the Port of Barcelona
- Organization and Operations of a Ro-Pax Vessel:
- Stowing Operations
- The Bridge
- Management of Port Terminals and Ship Loading Operations
- Visit to an Intermodal Terminal
- Visit to a Container Terminal
- Visit to a Vehicle Terminal
- Visit to ZAL – Logistics Activities Zones