- To offer a complete training in intermodal maritime logistics, short sea shipping services and motorways of the sea to professionals and logistics, transport management and international business students.
- To foster collaborative work and group cohesiveness as a method to optimise the development of logistics chains.
This course takes an inquiry-based learning approach. It takes place on board of a Ro-Pax vessel on the crossing between Barcelona and Civitavecchia. Departure and arrival will be from the Port of Barcelona. During the trip, students will attend lectures, workshops and work on a case study in groups. Additionally this course includes a guided tour and some free time to enjoy the eternal city of Rome, therewith fostering personal relations between the participants. At the end of the course, successful participants will receive a diploma.
- Intermodal Logistics
- Integration of Motorways of the Sea in Intermodal Logistics Chains
- Contracting and Risk Management in Multimodal Transport
- Logistics and Environment: Energy Efficiency
- Cost Analysis: Types of Operations and Comparisons between Different Means of Transport
- Port and Shipping Lines Services
- e-Maritime: New Technologies at the Service of Transport
- Maritime visit to the Port of Barcelona
- Management of Port Terminals and Ship Loading Operations
- Visit to the Bridge
- Organization and Operations of a Ro-Pax Vessel:
- Stowing Operations
- The Bridge
- e-Freight: Port Community System
- Participants will solve a case study in teams. It is based on a transport operation in which different transport alternatives are analysed.