- To provide knowledge in intermodal maritime logistics, short sea shipping services and motorways of the sea.
- To foster collaborative work and group cohesiveness as a method to optimise the development of logistics chains.
This course takes place on board of a Ro-Pax vessel on a three-day short sea shipping route in the Mediterranean.
Departure and arrival will be from the Port of Barcelona. At the end of the course, successful participants will receive a diploma. This course combines sailing on a SSS route, theoretical lectures, workshops, practical visits and case study in groups.
- Intermodal Logistics
- Integration of MoS in Intermodal Logistics Chains
- Logistics and Environment: Energy Efficiency
- Competitive Analysis: Types of Operations and Comparison of Costs between Different Means of Transport
- Port and Shipping Lines Services
- Maritime visit to the Port of Barcelona
- Management of Port Terminals and Ship Loading Operations
- Organization and Operations of a Ro-Pax Vessel:
- Stowing Operations
- The Bridge
- Maritime visit to the Port of Genoa
- Participants will solve a case study in teams. It is based on a transport operation in which different transport alternatives are analysed.