- To offer a complete training in intermodal rail logistics and rail services for professionals and logistics, transport and international business students.
- To foster collaborative work and group cohesiveness as a method to optimise the development of logistics chains.
This course takes place on board of a train and participants get a complete view of rail terminals and ports, from a rail perspective. Faculty is composed of prestigious professionals from the sector, who explain first-hand how such logistics infrastructures are organised and managed, as well as how the operations function. The classes are interactive and the students are encouraged to participate actively. At the end of the course, successful participants will receive a diploma.
- Railway Transport Logistics
- Ports and Rail
- Railway and Sustainability. White Paper 2011
- Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T)
- Competitive Analysis: Types of Operations and Comparison of Costs between Different Means of Transport
- The Port’s Network: Inland Terminals
- Rail-Maritime Services in the Ports
- Legislation, Contracting and Risk Management in Multimodal Transport
- Railway composition: energy car and engine room
- Visits to different port terminals (with railway connections:
- Dry bulks
- General Cargol
- Visit to a Rail Terminal: Train Reception and Expedition
- Participants will solve a case study in teams. It is based on a transport operation in which different transport alternatives are analysed. The teams will examine all needed investments to improve railway accessibility.