To provide training in intermodal rail logistics integrated with maritime services to professionals and logistics, transport management and international business students.
In this course participants gain a complete view of the logistics zones and the way terminals work. Highly experienced professionals explain first-hand how operations are organised, managed and developed in such logistics infrastructures. The classes are interactive and the students are encouraged to participate actively. At the end of the course, successful participants will receive a diploma.
- Introduction to Railway Transport Logistics
- Intermodal Logistics
- e-Freight: New Technologies at the Service of Transport
- European Transport Policy – 2011 White Paper
- Environmental Aspects
- Explanation of a Case Study
- Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T)
- Competitive Analysis: Types of Operations and Comparison of Costs between Different Means of Transport
- Visit to a Logistics area of a vehicle factory
- Visit to a Logistics Area of a Chemical Company
- Visit to a Railway Traffic Control Centre
- Visit to a Bulk Terminal
- Visit to a Vehicle Terminal
- Participants will solve a case study in teams. It is based on a transport operation in which different transport alternatives are analysed.