The Shortsea Promotion Center of Spain just launched a mini-website dedicated to the European Shortsea Conference 2016 with all the information about the event: programme of the conferences, list of speakers, practical info for the hotels, transports…
The European Shortsea Conferences will take place from the 28th to the 30th of September in Barcelona. The event is organized by the Shortsea Promotion Center of Spain with the support of the Port of Barcelona.
The conference will treat the following subjects: shortsea shipping markets (Northern Europe/Atlantic, East and West Mediterranean), shortsea shipping demand, training on new intermodal logistics with shortsea shipping, European enviromental regulations as well as the European transport policies and their financing. You can find the detailed programme here: PROGRAMME.
The speakers will include representatives of European professionals of the sector. For the moment the confirmed ones are:
- Álvaro Rodríguez Dapena, Technical Director – Spanish State Ports (Puertos del Estado)
- Antonio Belmar Da Costa, Chairman – ECABSA
- Claes Berglund, Director – Stena & Chairman – SPC Sweden
- Eduard Rodés Gubern, Director – Escola Europea de Short Sea Shipping
- Emmanuelle Grimaldi, CEO – Grimaldi
- Eric Banel, General Director – Armateurs de France
- Godwin Xerri, Member Board of Directors – Worldwide Ship Agents Association & President – ESN
- Juan Riva, President – Flota Suardíaz CEO – Grupo Suardíaz
- Manuel Carlier, CEO – Spanish Shipowners Association (ANAVE) & President – SPC Spain
- Miguel Pardo, Comercial Director – Trasmediterránea
- Sofía Papantoniadou, Project Manager – INEA
The other speakers will be revealed as we go along. Already the conferences promises to be fruitful!
In the framework of the European Shortsea Conference, aside from coordinating the “training on intermodal logistics” conference, the Escola Europea de Short Sea Shipping will also organize a Gala Dinner to celebrate its 10th anniversary on the evening of the 29th of September.
The registration for the European Shortsea Conference 2016 and the Gala Dinner of the Escola will be available soon. Stay tuned!